20 things I learned by 20
By Ali Badaracco
So I just turned 20 and I’ve been thinking of what I’ve learned so far – now that I’m entering my twenties, eek!
I’ve still got a LOT to learn, but these are the few big things that I’ve learned so far, and I really wanted to share them with you all! 🙂
- Be you. It sounds so easy and so hard all at the same time. I’ve learned that the people who inspire me the most are the genuine, authentic ones. When you feel the most like the person God made, then hold onto that. There’s no one on this Earth like you.
- Somebody somewhere is depending on you to do what God has called you to do.
- Waiting on God is EXHILARATING not exhausting. You never know what He has planned next, it’s SO FUN.
- Dream big. If I am able on my own to accomplish something, then it’s not a big enough dream. Make it God-sized. If it seems too big then it’s perfect!
- People bond over food. Like legit. I’ve been on more food dates with my closest friends in college than ever before, and it’s where the best convos are.
- Surprises are the best things ever. Go surprise your grandparents, your mom, your best friend. Just show up. Buy them something for no reason. It’s THE BEST
- Your single/young years are the best time to give everything you’ve got to others. It’s not about me. Work hard.
- If I’m going to pour myself out, I have to know how to fill back up. Quality/peaceful time with God is essential.
- Love your body. Like radically love the body you have, cause you only have one. It’s okay to want to change it but change it because you love it.
- God pours out grace and love on us everyday with a shovel. Give grace to others with a shovel as well, not a spoon.
- Take everything that happens to me and ask God,” okay what did you want me to learn from that?” He is always teaching us something.
- Turn stress into something positive. Rather than letting it overwhelm you let it motivate you.
- Fear paralyzes your calling. Don’t let fear stop you! Who cares what people think; don’t worry about being “too much” or “not enough” for others.
- Closed doors are just as good as open doors.
- Break up with the timeline in your head. God is the creator and master of time- it’ll happen in HIS perfect timing not my own.
- Make time for the things that make you happy. Priorities are so important and time management is a huge skill to learn.
- If a window pops up saying you have a virus on your computer.. don’t call the number. It’s a scam I tell ya, a scam.
- Almost anything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes. Including you.
- Never stop learning!
- Be nice to people. There’s too many mean and rough people in this world- please please be the person to stop and help and give a smile. Change the world one person at a time.